Friday, January 21, 2011

Casual Friday: "9 Easy Ways to Be Happier"

From Real Simple.
In my quest to do as little work as possible, sometimes it's nice to have a helping hand. Today I can get away with even less work than usual because Julia at The Thank You Project tipped me off to this article by Marcia Menter from Real Simple. It's a look at nine easy ways to be happier.

You should go to the actual article to look at the pretty pictures and read the explanations, but here's a summary of the list:

  1. Cool yourself off. Cool temperatures apparently produce better moods than hotter temperatures (could have fooled me).
  2. Remember happy times in your past. Nostalgia can be a great mood booster.
  3. Don't obsess over past failures. This goes hand-in-hand with the previous tip.
  4. Give away money. As I've said before, generosity toward others makes YOU feel happier.
  5. Eat a snack around 2 p.m. This is the time of day when serotonin levels dip, and a snack can help.
  6. Exercise. It boosts mood and helps your brain.
  7. Limit your choices. This may be counterintuitive, but too many options at once can produce unnecessary stress.
  8. Learn a new skill. This gives you variety and sense of accomplishment.
  9. Make your bed. Eh? Well apparently doing little tasks like this can make you more satisfied throughout your day.
Anyway, it's a good, easy list with some stuff I've never read before. Also, I love getting tipped off because it means I don't have to scrounge around for something to post! If you'd like to make my job easier, go ahead and tip me off to interesting articles, books, or videos in the comments section or through email. See ya!

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha :) I remember the cooling off thing suprised me the most! I am trying to see whether it works for a few days now - when it gets hotter in my office I set the AC to one point cooler and try to udnerstand whether ot made me feel happier or not haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone has their own line of plans for life. I believe that having money makes life happier. But I also think that it works if you earn it yourself. All I had to do was go to a professional site and find out buying crypto on robinhood. This was the beginning of my digital business with a cryptocurrency exchange. I bought bitcoin a long time ago. It cost 4k. But now you know how much it costs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've noticed that I feel happy and joyful when I'm doing a job that brings me pleasure and at the same time good money. I was at a crossroads for a long time, not knowing who I should work with. This article https://techbullion.com/how-to-start-trading-in-forex/ saved me. Now I'm trading on a crypto exchange and I really feel happy.

    ReplyDelete