Saturday, October 23, 2010

Weekend Viewing: Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Watch this video to learn how Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi pronounces his name! Just kidding. He never says it out loud, but I've since learned that you pronounce his last name "chick-sent-me-HIGH-ee." See if you can remember that!

In this TED Talk, Csikszentmihalyi (a living advertisement for copy-and-paste if ever there was one) gives a presentation about creativity and how to maximize flow experiences. What's interesting is how he and his team can predict what activities give each person flow. A nice companion piece to my previous post. I'll stop typing now so you can watch:

1 comment:

  1. This is for real. I actually just wrote an article on this. Worth checking out.

    http://www.infobarrel.com/How_to_Flow:__Unlocking_The_Mental_State_That_Will_Change_Your_Life

    ReplyDelete